What are your thoughts about the death penalty? In your opinion, is it a violation of human rights or not? Explain. Use notes, video, reading.
17 comments:
Anonymous
said...
I think that the death penalty is a good idea for murderers. They took someone's life; now they must pay for it with theirs. However, after viewing the video I think that it should be a law that a doctor should be present for the execution. this makes it painless. This is a violation of human rights, but wouldn't it be a violation of more peoples rights if he was put into jail and let out later for good behavior? Also, what about the cost of keeping these inmates in jail? it is very costly for us taxpayers. Plus, most prisoners are not rehabilitated.
In my opinion I believe that death penalty is a violation of human rights. For example, the video that we watched in class today called "Do No Harm" by PBS Now had said that dotors before they can do theier practice have to take an outh. But the government has selected individuals to become part of an execution team. Out all the doctors the show had interviewed only a few were willing to come foward and say that they help execute inmates.
I don't think that it's a violation of human rights, because if someone has that "chance", to kill another person, they ought to be killed right back. The government has it on good authority that they are able to do (almost) whatever they want. They, especially, as the government, have the right to give sentence of a death penalty, on whatever information they may or may not be given.
I think that the death penalty is a good idea. Because they killed someone they should also be killed to pay for their sins. an eye for an eye. i also think that a doctor should be present. after watching the video and hearing about the case where it took them 90 minutes to finally execute the guy, i believe that there should be a couple of doctors so that it is fast and painless. i do not think that it is a violation of human rights because i believe that they lost their rights when they committed the crime.
I think that the death penalty is a good idea. Because they killed someone they should also be killed to pay for their sins. an eye for an eye. i also think that a doctor should be present. after watching the video and hearing about the case where it took them 90 minutes to finally execute the guy, i believe that there should be a couple of doctors so that it is fast and painless. i do not think that it is a violation of human rights because i believe that they lost their rights when they committed the crime.
I think that the death penalty is a good idea because it not only shows an example to future criminals, but keeps order. I believe that this might be a reasonable punishment because the other might be life in jail, but what is life in jail? free meals, a bed, shower, T.V., and exersising equipment. Jail is often better than criminals previous lives and serves sometimes as a reward rather than a punishment. Besides, our jails are overcrowding with inmates and where are they going to go when the capasity boils over, not back into our streets I hope. It is also not a violation of human rights because if you can't do the time, don't do the crime.
I THINK THAT THE DEATH PENALTY IS RIGHT AND WRONG. THE REASON I BELIEVE THAT THE DEATH PENALTY IS RIGHT IS BECAUSE IF SOMEONE IS GOING AROUND KILLING PEOPLE, LETS SAY FOR INSTANCE CHILDREN; LIKE A CHILDREN SERIAL KILLING MANIAC, THEN THEY DESERVE TO DIE BECAUSE TAKING THE LIVES OF INNOCENT CHILDREN IS WRONG IN ALL OR ANY WAY THAT YOU LOOK AT IT. FOR EXAMPLE, IF SOMEONE KILLS YOUR LITTLE SISTER OR BROTHER OR YOUR OWN CHILD THEN YOUR GONNA WANT THAT PERSON TO DIE. YOUR NOT GONNA WANT THIS PERSON TO SIT IN A JAIL CELL FOR LETS SAY 14 YEARS AND THEN COME RIGHT OUT. OK ITS TRUE PEOPLE CHANGE OVER TIME BUT SOMEONE KILLED YOUR KID FOR NO POSSIBLE REASON. I WOULD WANT THEM DEAD. BUT THEN AGAIN ITS WRONG BECAUSE THATS NOT THE GOVERNMENTS CHOICE. THINGS HAPPEN FOR A REASON. FOR EXAMPLE, ROBIN HOOD STOLE FROM THE RICH AND GAVE TO THE POOR. THE RICH WERE STILL RICH AND THE POOR HAD LIKE A 10% ADVANCEMENT WHICH ALL TOGETHER ISNT EVEN THAT BIG FROM WHAT THEY STARTED WITH. IF YOU WERE POOR THEN YOU WOULDNT WANT TO GOVERNMENT TO KILL THE PERSON THAT WAS ON YOUR SIDE TRYING TO HELP YOU OUT. I BELIEVE THAT WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND [[KARMA]] AND EVERYONE WILL REEP WHAT THEY SOW. -DESIREE-
I think the death penalty just defeats the purpose of going to jail. I think murderers are getting let off easy if they get the death penalty. They get to do all of these bad crimes and then die easily without any pain. I think life in jail is a better punishment because they get to regret what they've done and try to change their life around. However, I don't think the death penalty is a violation of human rights because obviously they did something awful to deserve it. The way that they die probably isn't going to be half as bad as how they killed someone else.
I believe that the death penalty is fair... to a certain extent. I don't believe someone should be killed for killing one or two other people. They should go to jail for the rest of their lives, but I don't think they should die. I only believe that the death penalty should be used for mass murderers and terrorists (or things along those lines), as long as the evidence is unmistakeable or the suspect confessed to the crime. I also believe that a doctor should be present during the use of lethal injections. I personally believe that if the criminal is going to die anyway, it shouldn't matter if he suffers, but we have to be humane, so a doctor should be there to make sure everything medical is done properly and safely. It should only have to be done one time.
I think that if you purposely kill someone, than you don't deserve any human rights, and you deserve to die. I think that doctors should only be used to monitor a execution, but to not make the criminal feel any better
i dont think that its a violation of human rights because in order for the society to be safe, the criminal doings must be gone away. So, i believe that the death penalty is a good idea for people who are on the track of going there. after we saw the video, i think that the death penalty is sort of cruel because for it to work, doctors have to break their oath, on doing no harm upon patients, but only helping them. but still, but doing the death penalty, the society is much safer. plus, would you have 1 person die or like 20 peolpe die? of course, my answer would be one. so i think that the death penalty is a good idea.
I belive the death penalty is a bad thing. No one can jus be killed just because the government thinks its right. It is against the law to kill so why should there be any exceptions. We as people should not have the right to take someone's life away. That is in God's hands. It is a violation of human rights. When people do do something wrong yes, they do deserve a punishment but death is extreme. Once you kill someone there life is over. i would rather have someone stay in jail for life then jus get killed, unless it was there choice to die. The government doesn't always choose who they kill equally. Two men who do the same crime could get a different punishment because they are different races. ONe could be put the death and the other just go to jail. Basically the death penalty is not something i agree with it is violating human rights and it just not right. -Erica
In my opinion, the dealth penalty is both a good idea and a bad one. There are times when the execution takes place, only later to find out that the person was innocent, and I find it unfair that, that innocent person died for someone else's mistake. Also, its a very hypocritical matter. Yes, the person might have committed the crime, but what gives the Government the right to kill them. If the government kills the murderer, wouldn't that make them as bad as them. But then there is still the fact that the murderer took away the life of someone else, also taking them away from the ones they loved, causing emotional pain to them, and that, to me, gives the doctors the absolute right to take away their lives. For me, I'm not completely against the dealth penalty, but I don't entirely agree with it either; I'm stuck in between.
In my ipinion, I believe that the death penaly is a good idea. When a person decides to take away another person life, they should be willing to take their own life. By not having the death penalty, what it is doing is not instilling order. By sentencing people to prison, their is still a chance that they would leave early on parole for good behavior. On the other hand, while watching this video i realized that this is violating human rights. The doctors and nurses that take the oath before they practice promise that they will heal people instead they are killing people. But it might be more beneficial to violate human rights in order to give these people what they deserve for killing someone. ~Danielle W.~
svetlana-i think that the death penalty is against the human rights because if someone murdered someone else and got punished with a death sentence, why would the exec.uters be able to kill someone.i do not agree that doctors should part of anything like this cause the sign an owth to not harm anyone.also if they kill someone and find out later that it was not there fault, they would of killed someone other than the person who really did it.
Dyana- i believe that the death penalty is very wrong and disturbin because no one in the world deserves to die. also if you kill someone that commited a murder then you will also be murdering so it is so hypocritical.also why would it not be painful. the person put to death's family will be very sad so is'nt that called pain.i rather keeping the prisoners in jail for ever then leting them die for something they are julty of. everyone has the freedom of speech so why can't the prisoners have choice to die or be in jail forever.
i think that the death penalty is a really bad thing. For example, most of the people who are on death row are innocent. Like the story we read in class today. That man was completely innocent but he was still given the death sentence. And even if you are guilty, i don't think you should have to give up your life. That's why we have jails. Im not saying that we put them away for 6 years and let them come out because jail is school. They LEARN how to become better crimanals. They need a life sentence. I just dont think the death penalty is a good thing.
17 comments:
I think that the death penalty is a good idea for murderers. They took someone's life; now they must pay for it with theirs. However, after viewing the video I think that it should be a law that a doctor should be present for the execution. this makes it painless. This is a violation of human rights, but wouldn't it be a violation of more peoples rights if he was put into jail and let out later for good behavior? Also, what about the cost of keeping these inmates in jail? it is very costly for us taxpayers. Plus, most prisoners are not rehabilitated.
Ethan
In my opinion I believe that death penalty is a violation of human rights. For example, the video that we watched in class today called "Do No Harm" by PBS Now had said that dotors before they can do theier practice have to take an outh. But the government has selected individuals to become part of an execution team. Out all the doctors the show had interviewed only a few were willing to come foward and say that they help execute inmates.
I don't think that it's a violation of human rights, because if someone has that "chance", to kill another person, they ought to be killed right back. The government has it on good authority that they are able to do (almost) whatever they want. They, especially, as the government, have the right to give sentence of a death penalty, on whatever information they may or may not be given.
Josh P.
I think that the death penalty is a good idea. Because they killed someone they should also be killed to pay for their sins. an eye for an eye. i also think that a doctor should be present. after watching the video and hearing about the case where it took them 90 minutes to finally execute the guy, i believe that there should be a couple of doctors so that it is fast and painless. i do not think that it is a violation of human rights because i believe that they lost their rights when they committed the crime.
Carrie-Ann
I think that the death penalty is a good idea. Because they killed someone they should also be killed to pay for their sins. an eye for an eye. i also think that a doctor should be present. after watching the video and hearing about the case where it took them 90 minutes to finally execute the guy, i believe that there should be a couple of doctors so that it is fast and painless. i do not think that it is a violation of human rights because i believe that they lost their rights when they committed the crime.
Carrie-Ann
I think that the death penalty is a good idea because it not only shows an example to future criminals, but keeps order. I believe that this might be a reasonable punishment because the other might be life in jail, but what is life in jail? free meals, a bed, shower, T.V., and exersising equipment. Jail is often better than criminals previous lives and serves sometimes as a reward rather than a punishment. Besides, our jails are overcrowding with inmates and where are they going to go when the capasity boils over, not back into our streets I hope. It is also not a violation of human rights because if you can't do the time, don't do the crime.
Josh D.
I THINK THAT THE DEATH PENALTY IS RIGHT AND WRONG. THE REASON I BELIEVE THAT THE DEATH PENALTY IS RIGHT IS BECAUSE IF SOMEONE IS GOING AROUND KILLING PEOPLE, LETS SAY FOR INSTANCE CHILDREN; LIKE A CHILDREN SERIAL KILLING MANIAC, THEN THEY DESERVE TO DIE BECAUSE TAKING THE LIVES OF INNOCENT CHILDREN IS WRONG IN ALL OR ANY WAY THAT YOU LOOK AT IT. FOR EXAMPLE, IF SOMEONE KILLS YOUR LITTLE SISTER OR BROTHER OR YOUR OWN CHILD THEN YOUR GONNA WANT THAT PERSON TO DIE. YOUR NOT GONNA WANT THIS PERSON TO SIT IN A JAIL CELL FOR LETS SAY 14 YEARS AND THEN COME RIGHT OUT. OK ITS TRUE PEOPLE CHANGE OVER TIME BUT SOMEONE KILLED YOUR KID FOR NO POSSIBLE REASON. I WOULD WANT THEM DEAD. BUT THEN AGAIN ITS WRONG BECAUSE THATS NOT THE GOVERNMENTS CHOICE. THINGS HAPPEN FOR A REASON. FOR EXAMPLE, ROBIN HOOD STOLE FROM THE RICH AND GAVE TO THE POOR. THE RICH WERE STILL RICH AND THE POOR HAD LIKE A 10% ADVANCEMENT WHICH ALL TOGETHER ISNT EVEN THAT BIG FROM WHAT THEY STARTED WITH. IF YOU WERE POOR THEN YOU WOULDNT WANT TO GOVERNMENT TO KILL THE PERSON THAT WAS ON YOUR SIDE TRYING TO HELP YOU OUT. I BELIEVE THAT WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND [[KARMA]] AND EVERYONE WILL REEP WHAT THEY SOW.
-DESIREE-
I think the death penalty just defeats the purpose of going to jail. I think murderers are getting let off easy if they get the death penalty. They get to do all of these bad crimes and then die easily without any pain. I think life in jail is a better punishment because they get to regret what they've done and try to change their life around. However, I don't think the death penalty is a violation of human rights because obviously they did something awful to deserve it. The way that they die probably isn't going to be half as bad as how they killed someone else.
Qiana
I believe that the death penalty is fair... to a certain extent. I don't believe someone should be killed for killing one or two other people. They should go to jail for the rest of their lives, but I don't think they should die. I only believe that the death penalty should be used for mass murderers and terrorists (or things along those lines), as long as the evidence is unmistakeable or the suspect confessed to the crime. I also believe that a doctor should be present during the use of lethal injections. I personally believe that if the criminal is going to die anyway, it shouldn't matter if he suffers, but we have to be humane, so a doctor should be there to make sure everything medical is done properly and safely. It should only have to be done one time.
~ Lisa
I think that if you purposely kill someone, than you don't deserve any human rights, and you deserve to die. I think that doctors should only be used to monitor a execution, but to not make the criminal feel any better
Jasira
i dont think that its a violation of human rights because in order for the society to be safe, the criminal doings must be gone away. So, i believe that the death penalty is a good idea for people who are on the track of going there. after we saw the video, i think that the death penalty is sort of cruel because for it to work, doctors have to break their oath, on doing no harm upon patients, but only helping them. but still, but doing the death penalty, the society is much safer. plus, would you have 1 person die or like 20 peolpe die? of course, my answer would be one. so i think that the death penalty is a good idea.
rish
I belive the death penalty is a bad thing. No one can jus be killed just because the government thinks its right. It is against the law to kill so why should there be any exceptions. We as people should not have the right to take someone's life away. That is in God's hands. It is a violation of human rights. When people do do something wrong yes, they do deserve a punishment but death is extreme. Once you kill someone there life is over. i would rather have someone stay in jail for life then jus get killed, unless it was there choice to die. The government doesn't always choose who they kill equally. Two men who do the same crime could get a different punishment because they are different races. ONe could be put the death and the other just go to jail. Basically the death penalty is not something i agree with it is violating human rights and it just not right.
-Erica
In my opinion, the dealth penalty is both a good idea and a bad one. There are times when the execution takes place, only later to find out that the person was innocent, and I find it unfair that, that innocent person died for someone else's mistake. Also, its a very hypocritical matter. Yes, the person might have committed the crime, but what gives the Government the right to kill them. If the government kills the murderer, wouldn't that make them as bad as them. But then there is still the fact that the murderer took away the life of someone else, also taking them away from the ones they loved, causing emotional pain to them, and that, to me, gives the doctors the absolute right to take away their lives. For me, I'm not completely against the dealth penalty, but I don't entirely agree with it either; I'm stuck in between.
~Mayrimar
In my ipinion, I believe that the death penaly is a good idea. When a person decides to take away another person life, they should be willing to take their own life. By not having the death penalty, what it is doing is not instilling order. By sentencing people to prison, their is still a chance that they would leave early on parole for good behavior. On the other hand, while watching this video i realized that this is violating human rights. The doctors and nurses that take the oath before they practice promise that they will heal people instead they are killing people. But it might be more beneficial to violate human rights in order to give these people what they deserve for killing someone.
~Danielle W.~
svetlana-i think that the death penalty is against the human rights because if someone murdered someone else and got punished with a death sentence, why would the exec.uters be able to kill someone.i do not agree that doctors should part of anything like this cause the sign an owth to not harm anyone.also if they kill someone and find out later that it was not there fault, they would of killed someone other than the person who really did it.
Dyana- i believe that the death penalty is very wrong and disturbin because no one in the world deserves to die. also if you kill someone that commited a murder then you will also be murdering so it is so hypocritical.also why would it not be painful. the person put to death's family will be very sad so is'nt that called pain.i rather keeping the prisoners in jail for ever then leting them die for something they are julty of. everyone has the freedom of speech so why can't the prisoners have choice to die or be in jail forever.
i think that the death penalty is a really bad thing. For example, most of the people who are on death row are innocent. Like the story we read in class today. That man was completely innocent but he was still given the death sentence. And even if you are guilty, i don't think you should have to give up your life. That's why we have jails. Im not saying that we put them away for 6 years and let them come out because jail is school. They LEARN how to become better crimanals. They need a life sentence. I just dont think the death penalty is a good thing.
~Ashley
Post a Comment