Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Who won the debate?

Explain why you think so.

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that Obama won this debate. McCain may have said some good things against Obama but he still came through. Obama may have seem like he didnt do a lot of talking but the ponits he made were very clear. One of McCain's quote was " senator Obama i am not President Bush, If so you should have run against him four years ago." when clearly Obama knows who he's going up against.

Anonymous said...

i think that obama won because he had better thoughts on most topics such as out sourcing, obama stated qoute"i want to end tax breaks on buisnessess that are sending jobs over sea", while mccain said"we need to cut people's taxes,create buisnesses, not spread wealth".also at random times mccain brought up the random subject of "plumber joe" who supposedly had a conversation with obama. but with the evidence proven obama stated his plan for his country and showed that he is the best leader for the u.s

Anonymous said...

I believe that Obama won without a doubt.
It seemed as if John McCain was attacking Barack Obama the whole night.
"Senator Obama had spent more money on campaign ads than any other candidate in history"
Senator Obama was focused more on he information and answering the question.
John McCain mentioned autism, I agree with his argument, and this is what Obama had to say about it, " Autism or other special needs will need more funding if we want research."
It also seemed like Obama was talking to the moderator and to the American people because he looked into the camera more than McCain.

Barack Obama won this debate hands down.

Carrie-Ann

Anonymous said...

i believe that senator McCain won the presidential debate. i watched quite a bit but i wont explain every last detail but i will tell you some key points that stuck out to me. first of all when obama said that he will give tax breaks to 95% of middle class americans it sounds great right? well wrong because he is going to lower the taxes of middle class that means the higher class taxes go up. now the higher class taxes are already higher then middle class and if you boost it up those folks who own buisnesses are going to fire more and more people so they don't have to pay them. then people will start losing jobs and the middle class will most likely loose their homes because of unemployment. that is one thing that realy stuck out because i totaly think that is wrong. and the thing is with Obama is that he makes his words sound so good and pretty but realy they have a secret meaning. he brainwashes you. and also senator McCain said that Obama will be useing the taxpayers money for his own personal things like an overhead projectore that costs 3 million and some other items. he is not giving it to good use. and then McCain said something and was finished but Obama didn't have anything to say to it until the guy that was asking all the questions had to say"do you have a responce to that senator Obama." then McCain pointed out that in the beguining of them running for office Obama and McCain agreed that they were going to talk to eachother and work to an understanding to some issues. and Obama said"anytime anywhere." they were supposed to do that 10 times by this time and they didn't once because Obama didn't keep his word for it. what makes me think that if he can't even keep his word on something as little as this then i don't think I can trust him as much to run the whole country. it is too much responsablility for him to take care of. he is not ready for it. i strongly believe that senator John McCain won this debate.

Anonymous said...

I think that Senator McCain won the debate because he was very aggresive to a certain degree, and Obama was left speechless on atleast one account. Obama's proposals I found to be more like a fantasy. He is promising to increase the amount of jobs, but he is also telling us that only the people earning above $250,000 will have tax increases, and in turn, those people who are alredy paying above 70% of our taxes will cut jobs to balance the new budget. McCain will supply jobs by eliminating our dependency on forrign oil by becoming an energy independent country with offshore drilling, nuclear power, wind, solar, and hydroelectric power. In turn that will create jobs. I believe that both support subsidies for small buisnesses, and Obama has said that we need to give subsidies to buisnesses that supply jobs here in America and not oversees.

dawalker said...

obama
McCain was not even talking about the subject and was just talking about Obama's character

Anonymous said...

Who won the debate? That's a tough question to answer. It can't be scored like a college debate. Each canidate was trying to accomplish something different; one of the things that Obama wanted to do was maintain that cool, calm demeanor that he has shown throughout this campaign. He wanted to sway moderates who were previously undecided, and people who were a bit uncomfortable with him. He tried to make people see him and NOT worry about his youth, inexperience, and race. He also tried to disassociate himself from certain people and disspell rumours about him. McCain tried to cement his own voter base and land and make Americans see Obama in a bad (or at least worse) light. It is up to YOU to decide if either accomplished their goal; being the Independant that I am, I'm not really sure I can tell. But, people still love Obama and Barack kept his cool, I'll say that much. I give mad props to both canidates; they were master swordsmen, dueling with their words and allegations. McCain KNEW that this was the last bout before the elections and attacked expertly. Obama deflected his blows, and slipped in his own denunciatory words. McCain and Obama vituperated eachother mercilessly, but neither drew blood. Obama remained cool and calm, and McCain, just when I thought Obama had him, not only escaped his hold, but put Obama in a headlock. This was a pretty cool debate, and both said comae memorable things. "Senator Obama, I'm not President Bush. If you want to run against President Bush, you should have run four years ago." - McCain

"I don't mind being attacked for the next three weeks. What the American people can't afford, though, is four more years of failed economic policies and what they deserve over the next four weeks is that we talk about what is most pressing to them, the economic crisis." - Obama

Who "won" really depends on where you stand politically,and how you score words that are someones opinion and not a statemant of fact.


Courtney

Anonymous said...

I didn't see much, but I think Obama won because he was nicer than McCain. If we try to negotiate with another (possibly) volatile country, we can't have our president interrupt the other person.

Anonymous said...

Obama won because he at least anwered the questions. McCain barely answered the questions, spent the whole time attacking Obama, and was being hypocritical. Obama presented himself better, because he stayed calm and spoke clearly. McCain was babbling and stuttering, and he made himself look ignorant. Also, it was clear that McCain was getting mad.
Jasira

Anonymous said...

although i didnt watch the debate, i know a bit from what my parents told me and what we talked about in class. I don't know which one won. They both got off topic but they both had good points. I know that my parents and many other people we know are leaning towards Obama, but in the end i think they both need to try to focus more on the issues instead of jumping out of thier skin to accuse the other of not being a good leader.

Anonymous said...

i didnt watch, but i think that Obama won becasuse based on the comments we heard in class, everyone said that McCain wasn't really that good in the whole debate thing. Also, based on the quote sheet we did, i thought that Obama had better points. For example, Obama talks more about outsourcing, culture and subsidies. But on the controversy, McCain does a good job on explaining the U.S. competition. So, i still think that Obama won the debate. And, i prefer Obama as our president, because i think he can lead this country.


Rishi

Anonymous said...

I believe that Obama won the debate. He answered the questions AND talked about what he came prepared to talk about, what he needed the American people to understand better. McCain ignored some of the questions and just attacked Obama. He didn't focus on the issues.


~ Quotes from the debate ~

I oppose subsidies for ethanol because I thought it distorted the market and created inflation; Senator Obama supported those subsidies. - McCain

And some of the cuts, just to give you an example, we spend $15 billion a year on subsidies to insurance companies. It doesn't -- under the Medicare plan -- it doesn't help seniors get any better. It's not improving our health care system. It's just a giveaway - Obama

Anonymous said...

I think Obama won the debate. During the debate Obama appeared to be calm and collected. While McCain appeared to be getting mad and agitated. If McCain is getting mad during a debate then how will act during a real crisis if he become president. America needs a president that can stay calm during any type of situation that comes along and Obama showed that he can do that during this debate.

--Kaylah G.

Anonymous said...

I THINK THAT OBAMA WON THE DEBATE BECOUSE HE SPOKE LIKE HE KNEW WHAT HE WAS SAYING AND I LIKED HOW HE TALKED ABOUT EDUCATION. I THINK THAT MCCAIN DID NOT REALLY CARE AS MUCH ABOUT EDUCATION AS OBAMA DID AND THATS WERE HE WENT WRONGE.

Anonymous said...

I think that Obama won the debate. I think this because it sounded to me as though he had the "better" plan of action for the future of american citizens. I thought that he has presented his plan well and gave good support. Where as John McCain I thought repeated things and more often talked about Obama's plan, not really his own plan on how he's going to specificly fix american issues.

John McCain-"Good teachers need to get paid more and bad teachers need to find a new line of work."

Barrack Obama-"Parents need to become more active in their childs education and shut off the videogames and T.V."

Anonymous said...

I believe that Obama won the debate because he by far had better answers than McCain. Even though they both really avoid answering the questions and kept going back and forth at each others neck. Barack Obama stated that McCain has voted for Bush's plan's 4/5 of them. And Obama will cut tax breaks for 95% of the American workers. That is why I believe Obama won the debate.

Khaled Gulaid

Anonymous said...

Obama won the debate - i think he won because he explained how he wants to keep jobs in america/ no outsourcing

Anonymous said...

The Better Insurance Plan

I think Obama has the better insurance plan. He's actually thinking about everyone. He's working on trying to lower the prices of healthcare and make sure it's more affordable so everyone can have it. McCain talks more about how people should be able to choose their own healthcare. (which Obama does too) It doesn't seem like he's doing anything productive to make it more affordable.


Qiana

Anonymous said...

the 4th 2 last blog wuz Danielle lewis

Anonymous said...

obama one because he stuck to the issues instead of bringing up the same false accusations from the previous debate,unlike john mccain. john.

Will B.

Anonymous said...

Testing

Mr. Cotto

Anonymous said...

I think Obama won because he was getting off topic like McCain was.He also had a better plan by letting people take money out of their retirement plans to pay current bill or any other important needs.


Brandon L.

shabazz said...

obama won the debate. i think he won because he had told how he wanted to keep jobs in america and no outsourcing allowed

zen said...

I think that Obama won becauase he was more calm during the debate and stayed on subject. Mc Cain just kept on bring joe the plumer into almost every question I also noticed that the guy who was conducting the debate told John Mc Cain to answer the question because john was staring to talk about how obama did that and this. Obama did't really talk about john mc cain only when necessary also obama talks about what he is going to do mc cain just talks about all the wrong things that soppositly obama has done it was a challenge for obama to answer the question and explain that all the acusations that mc cain kept on saying were't true. I really think obama did an outstanding job and i hope he becomes our president.